The Cardinal Success Center (CSC) is a Student Support Service Program. The CSC is staffed by a School Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health Interns, Community Based Organizations and work collaboratively with staff at the school site and District office.
“Increase academic success by providing students and families with educational, personal and social support in a safe learning environment.”
The CSC Provides a number of free and confidential* services to the school community including:
- Crisis intervention
- Mental health counseling services, support, and case management.
- Building trusting relationships with students, families, and school personnel.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of student and family.
- Home visits to understand and address barriers to learning.
- Family support, linking students and families with school and community resources.
- Collaborating with all school personnel to assess students’ social/emotional obstacles to academic success.
- Assisting teachers and administrators in developing plans to help students with academic and behavior problems.
- Develop/facilitate/coordinate wellness prevention and intervention programs and activities.
- *Some services may require parental consent
Issues that May Prompt a Student Support Center Referral:
- Mental health
- Grief & loss
- Suicidal ideation, depression
- Relationship/dating issues
- Identity issues
- Abuse or neglect
- Health concerns
- Lack of basic needs/homelessness
- Pregnancy, teen parent needs
- Change in academic performance
- Chronic attendance or tardiness issues
- Gang affiliations
- Coping or social skills deficits
- Facilitation of school-home-community communication
- Student advocacy
- Referral, monitoring, collaboration to and with community agencies
- Staff support and/or development
- Substance Abuse
Note: The Cardinal Success Center will keep all information confidential, unless students are in danger, or are putting others in danger.
Emergency Shelter/Food/Clothing for Youth and Families
Bill Wilson Center (Youth & Young Adults) 408-243-0222 http://www.billwilsoncenter.org
EHC Lifebulilders 408-539-2100 http://www.ehclifebuilders.org
Inn Vision 408-292-4286 http://www.innvision.org
Catholic Charities 408-325-5277 http://www.catholicharitiescc.org
Second Harvest Food Bank 1-800-984-3663 http://www.shfb.org
Loaves and Fishes 408-998-1500 http://www.loavesfishes.org/cms/
To Register as Homeless with East Side Union High School District, Contact Rose Ortiz 408-347-5202 firstname.lastname@example.org
Victim of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence or Crime
YWCA of Silicon Valley
Victim Witness Assistance Center 408-295-2656 http://www.svfaces.org/victim-witness.html
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence