Mt. Pleasant High School (MPHS) opened its doors in 1965 in San Jose's East Side community. The East Side of San Jose is an ethnically and economically diverse immigrant community and Mt. Pleasant's student community reflects these demographics. Our current student population is 69% Latino, 13% Asian, 9% Latino, 4% White and 3% African American.
Although we celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2015, our school has modern 21st century classrooms and facilities due to income generated through a series of bond measures approved by our community. These new facilities include a theater, a multi-purpose room, new classrooms, renovated gym and locker rooms and a competitive state of the art pool.
We are proud of our commitment to our students and our community and of the partnerships we have developed to accomplish our goal to prepare our students to be college and career ready.
Here at MP we strive to provide a positive learning environment for all students. As the Principal, it is my goal to ensure that students receive a quality education while at Mt. Pleasant and that their high school experience prepares them for any post-secondary plans they may have. Our staff is dedicated to working with students and community to increase student achievement and offer students opportunities that will help them grow academically and socially.
On behalf of the entire Mt. Pleasant High School staff, I thank you for your support and invite you to visit us.
- Parent or Legal Guardian must be Present
- Withdrawal form and Transcript from previous school
- Transfer grades if between grading periods
- Verification of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate)
- Immunization Records
- Including TB test if coming from outside Santa Clara County
- Proof of recent vaccination against whooping cough
- Verification /Proof of Residency - Driver's License or State ID with one of the following:
- PG & E Bill
- Water Bill
- Mortgage Statement / Property Tax Bill or Rental Agreement (These documents MUST have the enrollment name and address)
We May Require the Following If the above Proof of Residence Is Not Provided:
- Copy of completed form DMV14 and copy of DL43
- Landlord documentation: driver's license, PG &E bill, mortgage statement or property tax bill, phone bill, water bill
- Receipt for payment of rental agreement
- Bank statement with new address
- Notarized letter by both landlord and tenant that new address is home address
- Copy of car insurance policy with new address
- Don't have Health Insurance? Visit:
Foothill Community Health Center
1066 S. White Road
San Jose CA 95127